Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Me and My new friends

Great story:
I had been looking at buying new gym shoes and found some that I LOVE! They were $80 with is a little more than I wanted to spend, but I thought...Oh well, I will get them in a couple of weeks. Well, on Monday I had a little time to spare so I thought I would run into the store and see if they had them. They did and...they were on sale! 30% off! I was so pumped. I also had a coupon for $10 off a shoe purchase. So I got my beloved shoes for $49! I was so happy.
Of course after buying them I couldn't wait to try them out. When it is 20 degrees outside there is no way I am walking outside, I can't wear my shoes on the Wii Fit, and technically I shouldn't do Zumba or Jillian Micheals yet. So, I decided to go walk the mall. That is where my new friends come into play. The old folks. I mean, this mall walking is serious business. They warm up and do chair exercises upstairs. They walk the exact perimeter without cutting corners. I really admire these old folks. They are getting some exercise. I, however, felt like a fool.
But guess what I did...

I went back today!

I really think I am going to make friends. (If my own won't join me!) There were a few younger woman there today, which helped with feeling like a fool.
I am wondering what the mall security would do if I started walking up the escalator the wrong way for a little added exercise. Who knows, I might try it Friday when I go back!

2 comments:

Ferree Bowman Hardy said...

Email me if you want to go on a Wednesday morning or other times I might be available! I can be your token old person!

Amber said...

I love this :) I worked at the mall for a long time and there were always mommies (usually with strollers) walking too so don't feel like you don't belong! We used to sell coffee to the mall walkers and I made some very good friends :)
AND I love your new shoes!