Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tomorrow starts a new schedule. 

Usually I am so excited...
I would have my charts printed up.
I would have teacher gifts ready to go.
I would have a new hair bow for Carys.
I would have gifts and goodies for the kids.

I have none of that.  Truth of the matter is...

I am NOT excited

We have had a great summer and it has just gone to fast.  I know, I should be thankful for the time we had.  Which I am.  I just want more! 

This year is especially hard for me because they will both be all day.  I am hung up on the fact, that I will be eating lunch by myself most days.  I have had 2 little companions to eat with for 8 1/2 years.  While some of those lunches I did not enjoy, I will miss this terribly.  (Even writing this gets me a little teary eyed!) 

As I sit out back and watch them play I think, "Really, where did the time go?"  When I was changing diapers, and chasing them around, and disciplining what felt like every action, I never thought about this moment.  The night before they both would be away from me for more of the day than they are with with.  I never thought about the day I would be packing 2 lunches.  I never thought about the day I would go back to work. 

That day is here...

and it is TOMORROW!


Please pray for me and my family as we transition into this new phase of life.  Every new step has been a blessing and I have no doubt God has good things planned for this year as well!

No comments: