Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Is it even Thursday?  I am so out of sorts...

Yes, it is indeed Thursday!

Moving on...

Siblings share a bond that is so special.  So unique.  Unbreakable. 
Some siblings don't ever get along.  Some siblings fight when they are little and then grow up to be great friends.  And there are some who genuinely love each other.  Look out for each other.  Care and protect each other.

From the first moment Broderick met his sister he loved her.  He wanted to grab her and hold her, sometimes a little to rough.  But he couldn't keep his hands off her. 



I had prayed that they would share a bond and love that was unexplainable.




I said to Rob while we were on vacation, "They genuinely like each other!"  (Don't get me wrong, they annoy each other and fight, but over all they like playing and being together.)  I always thought that they got along, but it was different on vacation.  Broderick would take Carys' hand and walk out into the waves with her.  They wanted to ride the rides together and not with Rob and I.  They hugged and laughed together.  It was so special to watch.  This picture below captures exactly what I mean.  Rob simply said, "Go stand up there and face the ocean."  Neither one of us said, "act like you like each other."  Or "Hug each other." 
It was natural for them. 

I am so thankful for the love and bond that Broderick and Carys share.  And I pray it is something that is never broken but only strengthened.  I also pray it is something others see as a gift from he Lord.