Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The last week

Tomorrow will be one week that my sweet babes have been in school.  They have loved it and are really enjoying 1st and 3rd grade.  They have had good mornings (this has in the past been a rough time), good bus rides, good days and great afternoons. 

My days have been...long!  I have learned a few things over the last week...

it is very quite at home and in the car by myself.

they house stays clean for long periods of time.

it takes me about 1/2 the time to do things, like clean and grocery shop, than normal.  (I rode my bike to the grocery and library and it only took 30 minutes!)

I can only clean so much.

I like baking, but not cooking meals.

It is weird to talk on the phone and not have someone ask for a snack or drink.

I don't like to sit at home and do nothing.

Pretty much...I am bored most days.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a stay at home mom.  I wouldn't change it for anything.  I don't ever want to go back to work part time. There are plenty of things I enjoy about the kids being at school.  Like I can make a phone call and not be interrupted or ride my bike to the store. I love being able to keep a clean house and mow the lawn for Rob.  I enjoy not being stressed out with all things that need to get done in the evening.  (I am not bashing working moms...I have a huge respect for woman who have to work and raise a family.  It is a tough enough job without working full time.)   But the bottom line is, my family bring me so much joy!  I am happiest when I am with Rob and the kids.  I love see the kids run off the bus with a smiling face.  And then I can squeeze them and talk about their day.  (Then 15 minutes later they are whining and I am losing my mind!  HA!) 

Needless to say, I am still adjusting and figuring out my new schedule.  I start working next wee,k 2 mornings a week, which will be good.  Until then...anyone want to go to lunch!??  HAHAHAHAH!

Seriously!

1 comment:

ky said...

i'll go to lunch... but not sure you wanna go with three crazy kiddos! ha! :)