Monday, May 14, 2012

WeekEND News

I first want to start off by saying I am sorry I didn't post last week.  I was having some Internet troubles so I couldn't get on and update.  My apologies.  I had plenty to post about.  (Like how thankful I am for my hubby who took a day off to do yard work!  He laid mulch, plant flowers, and working his butt off.  He is a good man!)  Hopefully I won't have problems this week because I have lots to post about! 

So back to the weekend...

Friday I had the privilege of going to a retirement party for two fabulous teachers from the preschool.  You may remember reading about them last year...you can do here and here to refresh your memory.  Mrs. Merrill and Mrs. Zembower are retiring at the end of this year!  They both have been teaching at the preschool for over 20 years and are super special ladies.  So much so, that at their party, they gave all of the other teachers gifts!  They wrote a poem about each individual teacher and then gave them a gift.  It was so sweet and fun!

Saturday we had a soccer game and then headed to the amusement park for the afternoon!  It was the first time this season I had been.  We had a good time.  Mostly thanks to the people watching.  Oh goodness...there is some good people watching!

Sunday was mother's day which means the day was ALL about me.  We went to church and had a great service.  I was encouraged and inspired to continue to strive and be a more Godly mother.  We had lunch at my choosing and then did a little shopping.  Pizza and movie night followed, again...my choice!  It was a great day hanging out with my family.  I was reminded of what a great support system I have as a mom.  Not every mom has a wonderful husband.  Not every mom has a great mom, mother-in-law, sister and sister-in-laws.  Not every mom has great friends.  Not every mom has healthy, happy, loving kids.  I am truly a blessed momma!

The weekends over and it is back to a busy week.  I told the kids we only have about 18 more days that we have to wake up and get out the door!  I am sooooo excited for summer!  This school thing is draining me.  I am sure the kiddos feel the same way!

Have a great week friends!!!

No comments: