Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I have been working a couple days a week at the preschool lately.  Have I mentioned that I love it?  If not, I do!  I am subbing right now and teaching an afternoon Monday class called "Art, Movement, and Music."  It is so fun!  Those little kiddos are so cute.  And the other teachers...they are wonderful!

Due to this working bit I have fallen behind on a few things.  Blogging is one of them and I hate that because I LOVE blogging.  (I could fall behind on laundry every week and not really care.  Eventually I would because we would run out of things to wear.  There was no WeekEND News post on Monday.  (Or Tuesday for that matter.)  I was all prepared to tell you that we went to the circus and had a blast!  But that never happened.

So here we are and it is Thursday at 8:30.  I really hate to miss a Thankful Thursday post.  It helps me keep perspective.  I could have been all complaining about working lately, or all the things I need to do that I haven't gotten to.  But this weekly post gives me time to think back over the week about what I am thankful for and I hope it does the same for you.  (Leave me a comment because I love to hear what you are thankful for!)

Today I am thankful for...

Carrie.  She turned really old on Tuesday (35) so I got to celebrate her.  I am so thankful for her.  My zumba instructor's BFF is moving to Colorado.  Since I found out my heart has been breaking for them. (Let me remind you, I don't even really know these women.  I have talked to the instructor like never and I have talked to her BFF a handful of times.  They seem like wonderful ladies don't get me wrong.  I just don't ever see them except at Zumba.)   I don't know what I would do if Carrie told me she was moving across the country! 

My sister.  She invited me and the kids over today to play on the water slide and make snow cones.  She is so fun!  She also cut my bangs while I was there.  What an amazing sister I have.

Working moms.  If this working thing has taught me anything it is that working and being a mom is a tough balance.  I am only working at most 10 hours a week, most of the time it is more like 6 hours.  I can't even imagine having a full time job and taking care of all the other stuff.  I really appreciate the moms that do!

My hubby.  While I sit here and type away he is working hard on my new bathroom.  (It is looking so good.  I can't wait to show you!)

The director at the preschool.  She gave me probably one of the nicest compliments I have ever had this week.  When I told Rob what she said it brought tears to my eyes.  Thanks Meredith!

Rest.  I need to do more of this.

So tell me...what are you thankful for this week!  I would LOVE to hear!

No comments: