Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Once a Month Resolution

Can you believe it is November 1st already?

I can't! 2 more resolutions and then it is a whole new year! Then what? Do I keep doing a once a month resolution? Who knows...

I was just looking back over the past resolutions and I must say, I can't believe I actually did some of them. Green cleaning...who would have thought? I have stuck to that one and today I even bought the stuff to make my own dishwashing detergent! I know...amazing!

Exercising and eating have not been the best, but better. I exercise at least once a week mostly twice. Eating, well...that is hit or miss. Lately it has been terrible. I can't even count how many pieces of Halloween candy I have had today. Too many!

Reading more to the kids...I don't have to. They read to me now. It is so great! I love listening to them. I do still read to them. Not as much I as I would like. Broderick has to read for 30 minutes a day so usually he is doing the reading. Which I love!

I am also glad to report that I do try a new recipe each week and I do not make red meat as much. Once, maybe twice a month. I love trying all the new yummy recipes I find on Pinterest.

Diet Coke...what do you think? Did I do it? A whole month without one sip?

YES!

I am as shocked as you! I had a few days last week that I really wanted one, but i fought the urge. I am so glad I did. I don't think I am going to turn back at this point. Not now...not after 31 days with it!

Now to this month. Are you ready for confession time? Stop reading now if not...

I can raise my voice at my kids and talk in a not nice tone. This is not pleasing to the Lord, and how do I expect them to speak to others when I speak this way to them.

So my resolution is to change what and how things come out of my mouth.

This is going to be a challenge. I was speaking with a friend this morning about how difficult this will be. She had great advice..."every time you want to raise your voice or same something not pleasing to the Lord to your kids, stop and pray and thank God for them." So that is what I am going to try and do. Please pray for me.

No comments: