Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I kind of, okay...really, have a love/hate relationship with food.

Ya see, I love, love love to eat it!

The hate part is...I make really bad choices. (As I sit to blog eating a bag of peanut M & M's)

Do you understand my problem!?

I like to cook, but hate the meal planning and grocery shopping part.

I love to bake, but hate that I then eat all the cookies, cake, or whatever it is I baked!

Last night Rob texted me on his way home from work and said, "Do you want to go out to eat?"
Of course, I said, "YES!" (I don't ever pass up that opportunity!)
I wasn't feeling great and thought, I will just get a salad or some soup. Did I do that! NO!
I picked something that looked and tasted amazing, and was a portion big enough for the whole family. (Especially, after the 2 baskets of chips and salsa.) I didn't have any trouble eating almost all of it!
After wards, I felt horrible! Horrible!

The funny thing is...I still wanted ice cream! Who does this?

Me. And my best friend, Carrie. (That is reason #64 she is my best friend. Alright...maybe reason #3)

Are you wondering how this has anything to do with being thankful?

Here's how:

While I love to eat a ton...to much...food, there are people that don't even get the choice of what they will eat. We all know about the people in Africa and Haiti that eat rice and soup once a day. Did you know there are people, kids, that go home everyday that may not get dinner? There is an organization in our community that sends food home in kids back packs every Friday just to make sure they have something to eat over the weekend.

All the while, I am 2 blocks away gorging myself on whatever I want. (By the way, I just grabbed bag #2 of peanut M & M's. You think I am kidding...I am not. I wish I was, but it is the flat truth people! I have a serious problem! That is for another time though!)

Today I am thankful for food.
(In all seriousness!)

No comments: