Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Tonight, I am going to go see a movie at midnight. Yes, you read that right, MIDNIGHT!! I am the girl that falls asleep during the opening credits of a movie, so a late movie is unheard of for me. (Just ask my husband.)

This is not just any movie...this is Breaking Dawn, Part 1. It will be well worth the tiredness tomorrow brings. My journey to becoming a twilight fan might be a little different than most.

My mom started reading the books when they came out. She kept telling me about them, and I kept saying, "I will never read those. I don't want to read about some vampire love story for high schoolers!"

What does Justin Beiber say? "Never say, never!"

Anywoo...

I of course saw the first movie. It was fine. Then my bestie decided she was going to read the books and wanted to go see the second movie. (She is always getting me wrapped up in all kinds of nonsense!) So, I went with her. That was all it took. I was hooked! I had to know what happened next. I read all four books in 4 weeks. Have you ever seen the books!? They are thick! And I don't read...like ever! I could not put them down.

There ya have it...my journey to becoming a huge fan! Now...I am wearing a Team Edward shirt and going to a midnight showing. All I need is my vampire teeth and I am golden! What!?

Today I am thankful for (as shallow as it may seem)
movies that take me to make believe places with vampires, werewolves and everlasting love!
(and crazy girlfriends that will go with me!)


No comments: