Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday Friends! Sorry I have been a little MIA lately. I have been subbing this week and when I am not doing that I have the typical family things...kids, laundry, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping...the things I really love!

Today the kids don't have school which is GREAT! I love having them home in the morning. We get to stay in our jammies, watch tv, cuddle, go get donuts. It is such a fun time. The kids had a special treat last night...they got to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house! What fun! The trouble is, they woke up at 5 am!!!! Not good for momma!

Today I am thankful for NO SCHOOL days!!!!!



To celebrate the Thanksgiving season we are doing a "thankful tree". I usually do some form of this...paper chain links, writing things on paper and putting them in a jar, but this year I decided to be a little more creative! I made a tree out of brown paper lunch bags and taped it to the wall. Then I cut out different colored leaves. Each day, or whenever you want, we write something we are thankful for and tape it to the tree. It has been a lot of fun to see what everyone is thankful for and a great way to keep focus on a Holiday that sometimes goes over looked.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love this idea, and I'm going to borrow it!! : )