Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The ways God works

So I could post all kinds of pictures and stories about vacation, which I am sure I will do. But, this day was truly amazing. I woke up early...very early, to watch the sunrise. Thankfully it was not super cloudy this morning. To watch the sunrise is so peaceful. It is such a good reminder that the Lord's mercies are new each day. So after I took a ton of pictures and basked in this glorious morning. I did my morning devotion. I have been using this book Jesus Calling, which is wonderful. It has the dates already on the pages so I simply open the book to the correct date and read. This day, August 16, read like this:
Meet Me in the early morning splendor. I eagerly await you here. In the stillness of this holy time with Me, I renew your strength and saturate you with Peace.
I could not believe this! I stopped after the first sentence and thought, "Are you kidding me? There isn't much more splendor in the Lord than his light and what better reminder than the sun." It was such a wonderful blessing and start to my day. I may not be able to see the sunrise every morning, but I can meet Him in the early morning splendor no matter where I am.

No comments: