Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st day of 1st grade

Yup...that's what I said, 1st day of 1st grade! Crazy I know! I can't hardly believe it myself. We packed lunch, picked out clothes and packed his school bag the night before. When he woke up we had a healthy breakfast, (He didn't eat much because he said his belly hurt, I am not so sure it wasn't nerves. Poor buddy.), did our morning devotion, prayed and sent him off on the bus. Yup...that's what I said, 1st day on the bus too! This was a very exciting moment for him and and very scary moment for me.
Of course, on the first day of school the bus was running late because all of us moms have to take a bazillion pictures. Below you will see how the patience is wearing off. Do ya think he was a little excited? I knew he was because he woke up at 4:00am and said he couldn't sleep. Thankfully he did go back to sleep.

And there he goes...
He came home, gave me the world's biggest, longest hug and then said, "It was a rough day mom." Of course I asked why and he said, "I had to move my arms and legs so much." He was pooped out! When went out to a celebratory dinner and gave him a back to school gift and then sent him to bed. Did he sleep in you ask yourself...NO! He was awake at 6:30am. It was a rough morning. He was super tired, and his tooth is very loose but he doesn't want to pull it out so it just kept bleeding. After much prayer again this morning, and much begging on his part to have a day off school, I sent him off for another day of school. This is going to be a huge adjustment and I am going to need much patience and grace. We will get there though. I told him today he can come home and watch a movie and have chores. He is looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! He is so cute (I mean handsome!) You are such a good mom Amy and I know you will get him (and you) through this adjustment!