Sunday, November 30, 2008

A James Family Thanksgiving

So for the first time, in the 10 Thanksgivings Rob and I have spent together, we made dinner at our house. It was so great! Rob's parents, Bob and Terri, came in to town for the week to spend Thanksgiving with us. It was so fun and I am not sure I could have pulled off the meal without Terri's help. We started off the week at Broderick's school for his Thanksgiving feast. Here he is in his turkey hat that all the kids made...
Throughout the week we kept busy shopping and spending time with his parents. Thursday of course was busy with cooking and eating. We had our meal for lunch. Lunch was soooo good. Rob deep-fried the turkey, we had mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, baked beans and apple crisp for dessert. As we were cleaning up the dishes Rob started getting Christmas decorations out. He just couldn't wait! Here we all are (minus me) eating. Yes...I really did make everyone wear the hats. The kids had fun, that is all that matters!
Then we all posed family a family portrait...which I think turned out very nice.
Friday Rob and I got up and went shopping at 5am which I haven't done since before Broderick was born. We had a great time, found some great deals, and are now done for the kids. Friday night we went to the light display near by. It was beautiful as usual.
All in all it was a great week. Tomorrow back to work and school...oh yeah...my little
boy turns 5 too!!!!




No comments: