Monday, April 28, 2008

Crazy Carrie is at it AGAIN!

I don't know if you all remember the granny party Carrie had last year (http://amyforhim.blogspot.com/2007/05/granny-party.html ) ...this year she had a prom party. We all had to come up dressed like we were going to the prom. We could pick whatever decade we wanted to. Well of course, most people went for the 80's because they were so over the top! Thanks to my cousin Bridget I was able to round up not only 1 but 2 beautiful dresses. I had a hard time deciding which to wear, but after much debate I decided on this peach/pink number. My sister was so kind to do my hair and make-up in typical 80's style. (I even had a banana clip.) I purchased some press on nails, shoes (dyed to match my dress perfectly), earrings, and a tacky corsage. Carrie and I decorated her basement in the theme, "A Night to Remember." I mean...who didn't go to a prom with that theme? And what a night it was. We started off eating dinner, having a dance off, and playing some games. And then it was the moment we all were waiting for, well...probably just me, time to crown the prom queen. Carrie had everyone vote according to who they thought was most deserving. You guessed it...it was me!!!! After winning the granny contest last year, I had high expectations for myself. In all honesty, it is just fun to be silly and get dressed up in a goofy costume for no reason but to have fun. One girl even came dressed up as a guy. She brought Carrie a corsage and said she was Carrie's date. It was a riot!! After all of this, we had after prom. We went bowling, yes...in our dresses and all. We got a lot of stares, but again, it was a lot of fun! We went toilet papering like any high school girl would do. We topped off the night (or should I say morning, it was 5 am before I was asleep) with some good conversation and just hanging out. It was seriously the most fun I have had in a long time!
Be in my beautiful gown. Don't you wish I could have been your date to the prom?
All the girls that came. As you can tell, there were some great dresses!
Broderick had PJ day at school on Thursday. He was so excited about this he asked me for like 2 weeks about when it was. The first thing he said was, "I want to wear Lightening McQueen pj's." There was one problem, we didn't have any. Target come to our rescue with the ones you see above. I felt bad though because it was super hot that day. He loved it though.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Prom Queen! LOVE the earrings - can I borrow them sometime?

The gFamily said...

Congratulations, Prom Queen! What an honor!!! You deserve it, though, since you went all out! That is such a fun idea!! How fun to relive the high school days!!