Monday, April 7, 2008

The BIG Wedding

We had a very busy weekend. Rob's sister, Lisa, was married on Saturday. So anyone who has ever been a part of a wedding you know how busy it can be. Well let me tell you, the bride and her mother had no trouble putting me to work the moment I arrived at their home. Which was Thursday. (Just kidding. I wish I could have helped them through the entire process. I was so excited to do whatever Lisa needed.) As you can see below, we had no problem picking on the bride. Friday morning Lisa, the mother of the bride (MOB) Terri, Betsy and I went to get our nails done and out to coffee. After that the bride had some things to finish up at home. Betsy and I had sometime to whip up the fancy crown, shown below, and wand and a guarder she had to wear all day Friday, even at the rehearsal and dinner. Lisa had to wave her wand around whenever giving orders. The MOB kept saying, "talk to the wand." We also decorated the church and reception hall on Friday. They looked beautiful!
Doesn't Lisa look so happy?! This picture below is one of my favorites. I think Carys and Lisa resemble each other and several relatives said the same thing on Saturday. Anyway, this picture was taken before the wedding in the bride's hideout! Carys was very timid, surprise, surprise. But she did it. She didn't make it down the aisle though. Broderick did, it was very funny!
Here is Grandma with the little girls. (left to right) Katie, Carys and Lindsey. The MOB looked fabulous. Bob, the father of the bride, didn't look to shabby either!
Below: The MEN! Aren't these boys handsome? I think the one on the left is to die for. And that little guy in the front. I could eat him up! YUMMY!
And here is what you all have been waiting for....the happy couple.
Mr and Mrs. Josh. Congrats!We had a wonderful time and honestly the trip was too short. I love Rob's family. And I am not just saying that because they read this. They truly are wonderful people. And now...I have a brother-in-law! Lisa, you should tell him to talk to your dad. Ya know, warn him about me!

2 comments:

jenny said...

So glad you guys had a nice time at Lisa's wedding. It looks like it was beautiful. I need to see a better picture of your dress though, Amy....after all the searching I need to see a good pic. of the dress that was the winner. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for EVERYTHING that you did to help with the wedding! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, caring and insight so much! By the way, I really love that picture with me and Carys!