Friday, September 13, 2013

It is Happening!

I have thought and thought about how to write this post.  I wanted the title to grab your attention.  I wanted you to read the first couple sentences and wonder what the rest was going to say.  The truth is, I can't think of any poetic, creative way to tell you so I will just say it.



I am going to Africa!

Yup!  In just four short weeks my feet will be on Uganda soil!  I am just as surprised as you. 

We found out back in May that a team through an organization we are kind of connected with was going to be taking this trip and that they would be visiting the orphanage Rob went to while he was there.  Immediately his heart was tugged to go back.  We started asking the question... Is this possible?  Over the last couple months, through much thought, prayer, conversation and A LOT of help, I felt God repeatedly say, "go."  I tried to come up with every excuse not to.  Why, you ask.  I really didn't want to leave the kids for 10 days and burden other people with watching them.  It just seemed to difficult to work out all the details.  We would get one thing worked out and then another thing wouldn't.  But I still felt like God was saying, "go."  It was little things, like Rob getting an email from the couple that runs the orphanage saying, "We really hope that you and your wife can come soon."  They didn't even know we were considering this trip.  And things like this happened on more than one occasion.  I began to feel if I didn't go I was being disobedient to the Lord.  And I did not want to do that.  After all, our family motto this year is, Say yes before we even know what He is asking.  I found myself saying no and I did know what he was asking.  About 2 weeks ago the final detail with the kids got worked out and we bought our plane tickets.  It is REALLY happening!

I will get to go to a place my heart has longed to serve in.  I will get to hug sweet kids that I have prayed for and only dreamed of meeting.  I will get to experience something with my hubby that will change our marriage forever.  I will leave my kids in the trusting hands of family and most importantly my Savior for 10 days.  I will do it all with the help of my God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amy,
I am sure you are excited, I can see how this trip impacted Rob earlier in the year. If I can help Rob in anyway alleviate your worry about leaving him in charge of the kids, let me know. Matt