Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How Can You Help?

With Uganda quickly approaching there is a major thing you can do for me.

PRAY.

A LOT.

Here are some specific things I need prayer for...

Traveling.  I don't like to fly.  At. All.  Like really at all!  So the thought of being in a plane for 8 hours over the ocean and then getting off just to get on another 8 hour flight is a little terrifying.

My kids.  They will be staying with 2 sets of Grandparents and my sister and brother in law over the course of  the ten days.  Pray they do not get sad about us being gone but look forward to spending some great time with these people.  Pray that there will be excitement about going with someone else instead of them feeling like they are being bounced around.

My Mom and step dad, Rob's parents, and my sister and brother in law.  (See above!)  They are going to be responsible for Broderick and Carys.  First thank the Lord that they agreed to help us with them.  Seriously, without them this trip would not be happening.  My mom and step dad will have them over the weekend and all day Monday because they don't have school.  This can be exhausting.  Bob and Terri will be traveling from out of town so pray for their safety.  Since they are from out of town and not very familiar with the area getting around could be a little tricky.  Also, they have the school week coverage which means more structure and routine and...homework!  This can be a daunting task.  I know...I do it every.single.day.  (Do you think if I tell the teachers we are going to be in Africa they won't give them homework?  Pray about that too!  Seriously.)  Pray for Kelly and Justin because they have the kids the last  night.  I am sure Broderick and Carys will be excited to go with them, because they always are.  However...it's the last night. 

Rob and I while we are gone.  (I will post our itinerary as we get closer so you can be praying over specific things.)  For now...pray for health, safety, sleep, unity for our team, and all the logistical details.

That God will use us in the lives of all the orphans and care givers we encounter.  That everything we do will be a deposit into their lives for the glory of God.

Hope Grafted In (the organization we are going with) is raising money to buy land for one of the orphanages we are visiting.  (Ebenezer Children's Ministry - where my sweet Georgie is)  They are currently renting a small building where 26 children plus the care givers live.  The goal is to buy them their own land so they can move and build on it.  You can go here for more information.  Pray that Hope Grafted In gets enough money to buy the land.  Also pray if God wants you to be a part of that giving.

Will you commit to praying for these?  I would greatly appreciate it.  Prayer is the most important part of this trip.


No comments: