Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Lord is SO Good

This day has been amazing and the Lord has BLOWN my mind!  First of all I had some great friends help by donating items and helping me set up.  To say my sister has been a huge help is an understatement. My Grandma came and guarded my money box.  And then, there is everyone that came and bought things.  Some of these people don't even realize the way they have blessed me and my family.  Some of them...knew exactly what they were doing.  Like one lady who came...she asked about our trip and talked awhile with me.  She then shopped around a bit.  When she was done she had $4.50 worth.  She handed me a $100 and I said, "Let me see if I have change."  She said, "Oh no.  You keep it."  WHAT!?  I could not believe it!  I mean, why not?  The Lord is that good!  Then there was another guy, with 2 boys that were cracking me up.  The dad was making a pile and the boys kept adding to it.  Hilarious!  We started talking and it turns out, his son just bought our neighbors house and they go to a church in our area and have two kids just around the same age as my kids.  When it was time for him to check out he ended up buying $75 of stuff and again game me $100 and told me to keep it.  I also had a donation jar that people kept dropping money in.  Friends came and bought stuff when I know they didn't need to!  It was truly such a blessing.  I have fought back tears all day! 

Rob said before he left for work, "I hope this is worth all the work."  My response, "Even if I make $100 that is better than nothing."  HA!  I am laughing at myself for that comment.  God said take that 100 and multiply it by 10!!!!  Yup  $1000 on day one!  Seriously!

Rob and I have have a saying, we started using this week, "Say yes to the day."  We want to have the attitude of saying yes to God before we even know what he is asking.  Scary, right?  But think of what we could miss if we say no!  I didn't want to really do a garage sale.  I mean I didn't say no, but it was a lot of work, I had to take off work, ask for help and then sit for three days.  I am not complaining, just telling the truth.  But then I think, if I would have said no, I would have missed out!  On the blessing of all the help I received, on the encouraging words from others today, on $1100 and on letting God work! 

I am so glad I said YES today!

No comments: