Monday, April 22, 2013

Purging

We have spent the last 2 weekends going through this house and purging.  (Well, not exactly purging.  We are putting it in the garage for our garage sale next weekend.)  Let me remind you we live in a small house so we can't really accumulate much.  But I have even been surprised at how much we are getting rid of.  We, along with most of America, live in excess.  It is time to simplify and purge!  For many reasons, but for 1 because the Bible says to sell what you have and give to the poor.  So, like mentioned in my last post, we are going to have a garage sale to raise money for our trip to Mexico.  (Our way of giving to the poor.)

I am also taking donations from others of items to sell.  (Just to clarify, I am not selling items for people and giving them the money.  I taking your items you want to get rid of and selling them with my stuff to raise money for our trip.) 

While the last two weekends have not been fun, and exhausting to be frank, it is has been kind of fun.  Lying...not fun at all!  Fun isn't the right word.  I have enjoyed getting rid of stuff.  It is kind of freeing.  I encourage you to try it!  (And then you can bring your stuff here!  Hahaha!)

All that to say lots of prep already for Mexico.  I have begun getting my shots, we go Wednesday to get our passports (please pray we get them by June.), and we started a family devotion last night called, "Tales of the Not Forgotten" by Beth Guckenberger.  She is the co-founder of Back2Back the organization we are going with.  (BTW, great book and her story is amazing!)

Lots of work going on in our house and our hearts as of late!

No comments: