Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Tomorrow is a BIG day! 

Not really for me, but for my babysitter, Liz.

She takes her driving test.

I am super excited.  For her...and me.

I have known Liz for about 7 or 8 years.  I used to work with her mom at our church and I remember telling her mom, "when she is old enough to babysit, she is mine!"  When she turned 12 she started babysitting for us.  She is the best and she comes from a great family. 

It is hard to believe that she is going to be driving!  Last night I was talking to her mom and we both started laughing because I was sounding like the mom.  Talking over with Liz what the safest way to get from my house to hers would be.  That she shouldn't be driving late at night.  The truth is...I feel a little protective of her. 
(Would you all say a prayer for her safety?  The roads can be dangerous.  Thanks!)

Why am I so excited about her getting her license?

You see, this means, when she babysits, she can drive here and home!  AWESOME!  (That seems selfish, doesn't it?)

Well, today,

I am thankful for Liz and that she is going to be driving!

Good Luck Liz!



No comments: