Friday, October 5, 2012

Oh What A Night

I am not even sure where to begin with this post...
So I will start at the beginning...
(Bear with me...it could get lenghty!)

Monday I saw on NeedtoBreathe's Facebook page that somewhere was giving away some tickets to an upcoming show.  So naturally, I entered, because they are my favorite band!  I just saw them a few weeks ago and didn't at all think that I would win.  but I entered anyway.  Guess what? 

I WON! 

I was giddy like a school girl.  (Ask my mom, she was here to witness the jumping and screaming.)  After talking to Rob about going he wasn't really feeling it so I asked Carrie to go.  Now, between us we have 5 kids so working out the details to leave at 3:30 was going to be tricky.  Shockingly we had it all worked out in less than an hour.  Poor Carrie...she had no idea what she was in for!


Now, if you know Carrie you know she is always ready for any kind of crazy!  I don't think she knew I had it in me!  I had the whole night planned out in my head. 

It got off to a great start.  We left on time and got to the venue about 2 hours before the show started.  (It was general admission - standing room venue, so I wanted to be there early to get in line so we could be up front.)  When we got there we parked and walked a couple blocks to a Chipotle.  The plan was to get food and take it back to eat in line.  Well...Chipotle closed at 4 so that didn't work out.  I told Carrie, "Sorry, looks like you aren't eating dinner tonight.  There is a Starbucks, let's grab some coffee and go get in line."  Her response, "Well okay!"  So that is what we did.  (I also got a chocolate chip cookie the size of my face!)  We stood in line for 1 1/2 until the doors opened.  I had warned Carrie before that when they opened we would go get our spot and then take turns going to the bathroom so we wouldn't loose our spot.  At this point, she is thinking, "What in the world is this crazy lady doing to me!"  So that is what we did.  Which can I just say, we were about three rows back, standing, right in front of the guitar player.  (The waiting was worth it...in my opinion.!) 
Once we got in we had a to stand and wait another hour.  I know...brutal!  However, we made some friends.  HA!  (This part is unforgettable!)  There were these darling teenagers in front of us.  One with brown hair and one with blonde.  I said to Carrie, "Look, it is a younger version of you and I!"  (Unfortunately Carrie and I did not know each other when we were 19, but I have no doubt we would have been at concerts togehter if we did.)  We started laughing and then one of them turned around and said, we were just saying that.  We laughed more and then I thought, "So they were thinking that we were the older version of them!  NOOOOO!"  They wanted to get their picture taken with us.


So here we are with our 19 year old friends, Alexa and Dottie.  Adorable aren't they!

We stood around and talked.  And laughed.  Then I said to Carrie, "Look around.  We seriously are in the middle of a bunch of teenagers!  All the "older" people are in the balcony or in the back sitting."  (Roaring laughter at this point!)  What can I say...I am not sure.  I can say nothing...I have no excuse for standing with the teens except that I wanted to see NeedtoBreathe up close just once.

Finally the concert started and we really had a GREAT time!



So...
The concert ended.  And it was amazing.  But I had more plans.  I really have wanted to meet the band, because yes...I am dorky like that!
So we got in the car and started to leave, but we drove past "the gates" and there was a small line of people.  Okay, not people, girls.  So I said to Carrie, "We are going back.  They are waiting to meet them."   She is going, "No, no, no."  Me, "Yes. We won't wait long.  Like midnight.  If they don't come out by midnight we can leave."  (It was 11:00)  You guessed it, we stood some more to wait.
I was asking some of the people if they normally come out or if they had waited before.  This one girls said she has seen them in concert a bunch and always waits for them and every time they have come out.  We waited 45 minutes, with some interesting ladies but I won't get into that.  At about 11:45 two white vans pulled out.  In the first one I am sure one of the NeedtoBreathe guys was in.  In the second one, the lead singer for one of the opening bands was in and he stopped and said they were getting on the road.  So my dreams were crushed, right there.

Oh well!  It makes for a good fun story. 

And all in all, I had a GREAT night!

No comments: