Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!




I have been thinking over the last couple days about this time of year. It took me awhile to get into "the Christmas Spirit." Whatever that means. Shouldn't we be in that "spirit" all year long? Anyway, once I was there, I was really there. I have had so much fun with my family, making cookies, looking at lights, decorating, shopping. And all the things that go along with the season. Thinking that we are only 2 days away from Christmas makes me a little sad. Before I think about Christmas being over thought, I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite things about this time of year.

*Making cookies

*Listening to TSO

*Watching home videos from years past with my family

*the smell of our home (Christmas cabin from Scentsy)

*a fire burning in the fireplace all day long

*hot chocolate

*playing in the snow

*getting the kids way more than we should!!!*

*hearing the kids ask me 100 times if we can go see the dancing lights, AGAIN

*Remembering that Jesus did not have to come to this Earth, he chose too. For me. And he is going to come again. For me.

Merry Christmas!
Love,
Rob, Amy, Broderick and Carys

No comments: