Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best. Christmas. Ever.

This Christmas was so wonderful. I have been thinking over the last couple days why. And now that we have dug our way out of the Christmas throw-up I am beginning to realize why. Was it because I got this? I mean, yeah, I love it and am totally addicted to it! But that was it. It wasn't because we started some new tradition, because we didn't really do anything different than last year. I really think it was the kids. They were so excited about everything. Going to Grandpa's and church on Christmas Eve. Setting out cookies for Santa and writing him notes. Playing with Rob's new Polar Express train. Talking to Grandma and Grandpa on the web cam. Going to my mom's and grandma's. It was so fun to watch them! Christmas morning we took our time. The kids unwrapped a few gifts. Then we would take them out of the box and play with them. We had a fire, coffee, cinnamon rolls. It was such a nice morning.

So a couple days after the fun and madness, I am ready to move on with the winter. Rob is off for the rest of the week and we have some fun things planned. I am ready for New Years and 2011 to start. Oh yeah...and to celebrate our 10 year anniversary...

No comments: