Monday, December 13, 2010

Life is good

You might be asking yourself, "Why doesn't Amy update her blog more?" Then again, you may not care. I care, because this is the place I journal all the things we have been doing and some of my thoughts. Broderick started wrestling a few weeks ago and with practice 2 nights a week and Saturdays, House church, cub scouts and all the other things I have going on (grocery, cleaning, subbing, Carys, etc.) it has been busy. Good, but busy. It has been weird for me to adjust to Rob and Broderick being gone 2-3 nights a week. We don't really eat dinner as a family anymore except on weekends. It is only for a season though. And we are having so much fun with wrestling and cub scouts. All that being said, I never posted about Broderick's party. (or Rob's birthday! I love you, honey!) We did his party at a very cook arcade near us. It was fabulous on my part, show up with cake and kids. The kids played the Wii on giant screens and had time to play normal arcade games. Broderick loved it!
We also had his first wrestling match this weekend. It was so fun! He had 3 matches. He won the first one and lost the second 2, but put up a great fight!
Above: Shaking hands with the kid after he beat him.
Below: I want to draw your attention to the intensity in Broderick's opponent. It is very clear that this kid has done this before. I don't think Broderick knew what was coming! This kid picked him up and slammed him to the mat. Then had him pinned face down. I could see that Broderick was crying. I looked at Rob and said, "he is hurt! He is crying!" Needless to say, Broderick did loose this fight, but I am so proud of him. He said last night before bed, "I am glad that other kid won!" How sweet is that!!! While I felt very sad that Broderick was hurt and hope I don't have to watch him cry on the mat again, he is learning so much! He did a wonderful job and I can't wait to watch him again!

1 comment:

Ferree Bowman Hardy said...

You go ahead and blog whenever you want, girlfriend. You're doing a great job and this will be a wonderful legacy for your family! Your pictures are always so great and mark all those celebrations. Wrestling and Cub Scouts are great outlets for Broderick! Love keeping up with you.