Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a very fun and busy Christmas. We started Christmas Eve at my Dad's house. He always has a wonderful meal and gets the kids wonderful presents. This year he gave Rob and I a Wii. We have been having so much fun playing with it. Carys got these adorable shoes...
I had been in a store a couple of weeks ago and tried them on her because my dad had said he wanted to get them for her. I had to prep her and tell her, "We are not buying these shoes today, only trying them on." When I opened the box to try them on her she said, "Oooohh!" Just like a girl! So when she opened them up on Christmas Eve she was very excited. She wanted to wear them to church with her tutu!
The kids all were such fun ages. Jamison didn't really have a clue what was going on, but it was such a blessing having a little baby there. When Carys and Jamison were taking their naps us adults played a game called Imaginiff. It was so fun! We went to a wonderful Christmas Eve service at church. The kids staying in the service with us and were awesome. It was so nice to be there with my family!

Above is a picture of Broderick and Rob playing the Wii Star Wars game after we opened all our presents. Rob and I had bought the light sabers for it awhile ago but never ended up getting the game. Rob didn't know that I bought the game for him, so Christmas morning he had a little surprise too! Broderick really enjoys all his toys. I think the actual morning was very overwhelming for him. He kept opening things and just looking at them. For anyone who knows my son, they know he is very expressive. One way or another. He didn't really act like he didn't like the things he was opening, he just didn't really react at all. It was very different then any Christmas before. Once we stared getting things out and playing with them he has really enjoyed all of them. I think his favorites are, the Wii, Transformers from Rob's brother, & his marble thing. My mom and step dad got him a remote control car which we haven't got to play with much, but he is really excited to use it.

We bought Carys this dollhouse for Christmas. She loves it. Last night before bed I asked the kids what they were thankful for. Carys said her girls...that is the girls in the dollhouse. Truth be told...Mommy likes to play with it as much as she does!!!

This picture cracks me up. This is what happens to a child after 3 Christmases, lots of cookies and little sleep!!!






No comments: