Friday, October 31, 2008

"YES" Day

Last week I decided that I say no way too much. So when Broderick woke up on Thursday morning I told him it was going to be a "yes" day. Basically, I was going to say yes within certain boundaries. (Some rules still applied.) It was such a fun day and I realized I say no to things just because I don't want to do them. For instance, he wanted to take his sword outside. I said no because I didn't feel like getting it out of the dress up box. He quickly reminded me it was a "yes" day. So I got the sword. We had our 2nd "yes" day yesterday. Don't laugh or call children's services on me...they each had a sucker and a bowl of ice cream for breakfast, watched way more TV then normal, and had a lot of candy since it was trick or treat. (Those pictures will be posted later.) I am sure some of you are reading this thinking I have lost my marbles, but I would challenge all you to try this one day. You can still have the rules that you think are necessary. I am sure your kids will love it! And if you don't like doing it don't. Let me know if you do it and how it worked out.

1 comment:

jenny said...

What a good mom. I think you actually do a good job of being creative and letting your kids do fun things normally, so they probably really enjoyed "yes" day. Thanks for sharing and I'll have to try this in our house. I know I say "no" way more than I should just because I don't want to mess with certain things. Thanks for the challenge to say "yes".