Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh...my son!

So the other day we drove past a cemetary and there where guys digging a grave. So obvisouly Broderick's little mind started racing. He was asking me questions and I did the best I could to explain that when we die our bodies go in the ground and our souls go to either heaven or hell. It was really hard for him to understand. So that night at house church there was a theological debate going on between Broderick and Logan. (Logan is 5.) They where discussing this matter. Broderick still was having a hard time understanding the whole bodies and soul thing. Rightfully so. So then the conversation between these 2 boys changes to Jesus coming back on a white horse. Mimzie, Logan's mom, and I were sitting at a different table just listening to the 2 of them go round and round. It was absolutely entertaining and encouraging. At least now we know they are listening, at least part of the time when we talk to them.
So then today Broderick called his friend Emma (pictured in the previous post) to tell her Happy Birthday. The conversation is going like any normal 5 year old conversation until I hear Broderick say, "I love you, too!" I just started cracking up!!! Broderick, I think, got a little embarrassed because then he said to Emma, "my mom is laughing!" I felt bad for a moment but it was so funny! After they got through talking I had to talk to Carrie, Emma's mom. We were laughing so hard about this conversation. It was so cute and innocent!

No comments: