Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A getaway to So Cal - Day 1

Thursday morning we left early and drove to Rob's parents house to drop our kids off. (this was an 8 1/2 hour drive. Friday afternoon we left from their hometown to fly to San Diego. We arrived in San Diego Friday night at about 10:30 their time, 1:30am our time. (Thank you all for your prayers. For those of you who don't know, I am terrified of flying. But I could tell people where praying for me. Our flights were next to perfect.) Saturday morning we went whale watching with some of the people Rob works with. This was my favorite part of the trip. I could have gone every morning. The great thing was this is the migrating season, when the whales migrate from Alaska to Mexico to mate and give birth. We saw one whale, and followed for a while. We saw it come up for air three times. It was so awesome to see such an amazing animal in its natural environment. Below are some of our pictures.


Days 2 and 3 Rob was at his food show for work. I hang out with the other wives, but did not take pictures. We went to the San Diego zoo one day and to Coronado island the next day. The zoo was huge. We took a bus tour around part of the zoo, which took about 30 minutes and we still didn't see all the animals. I really think you would need 2 days to see them all.

No comments: