Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 4

So on day 4 Rob was done with work and we had the day to ourselves. We rented a car and drove to Coronado, Point Loma, Sunset Cliffs and Old San Diego. (Point Loma is the peninsula you see in the distance in the picture below.) I had been to Coronado the day before, but it was so gorgeous I wanted Rob to come back and see it. There is a hotel there called the Hotel Del Coronado. When I walked into it, I felt like I was on the Titanic. It is a very old hotel with amazing wood work and chandeliers. We ended up having dinner at the hotel that night with some people that Rob works with. It was so much fun.
This is from Coronado looking at Point Loma. Look at those waves!!!
On Coronado with the mustang. Did I mention this is my favorite car. I keep telling Rob when both of our kids get married, my gift should be this exact car. Color and everything! We'll see, we have a looooong time before they will get married.
These two pictures, above and below, are at Sunset cliffs. It was so amazing. I had never seen the ocean like this. Normally there is sand and a beach. Not here. Just cliffs straight into the water. And then there where houses on top of the cliffs. Too cool!

This is old San Diego. It was also very neat. Lots of history about San Diego being settled. We saw a very old cemetery, houses, churches, and other buildings.

No comments: