Friday, December 7, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Hubby

 
Tomorrow my amazing husband turns
40!
I am so excited to celebrate this special day with him!
(We have all kinds of things planned.)
In honor of him I am going to give you 40 random facts about him.
 
1. He was born in Pennsylvania
2. He has a brother.
3. He has a sister.
4. He was raised in a christian home.
5. His family actually started a church in a chicken coop.
6.  They were known in the town as the Chicken Coop Church.
7. He grew up on a farm.
8.  He once had a bat attack his face.
9.  He used to chase tires down a hill for fun.
10. He worked on a strawberry farm...or was it a tomato farm?
11.  He built houses.
12.  He has blue prints for a house that he wanted to build someday.
13.  When he was in high school he was girl crazy.
(He's going to love me for that!)
14.  His youth leader was very instrumental in his walk with the Lord.
15.  He has been to Spain.
16.  He followed a girl (shocker) to the college he went to.
(Good thing or I would have never met him.)
17.  He paid for college himself.
18.  When he was in college he made some great friends.
19.  Him and those friends did crazy things.
20.  After college he was a youth leader.
(halfway there.)
21.  He was also a worship leader.
22.  He played the guitar.
23. He stole my heart with that guitar.
24.  His first job after college was with Lipton.
25.  His second job was with Store Door Merchandising.
26.  He is still with the same company.  (They have a new name)
27.  He is now a Vice President there.
28.  He asked me to marry him Valentines Day weekend.
29.  He wrote me a song.
30.  He is a very organized person.
31.  He does a lot of our Christmas shopping.
32.  He has taken a mud bath at a spa!
33.  He is a good cook.
34.  One year he spent a whole day with me baking cookies.
35. He used to collect Coke things.
36.  He also collected a TON of GI Joe things for Broderick.
37. He hates playing board games.
38.  His favorite drink is Sweet Tea.
39. He is the funnest person. (that is what Carys said!)
40.  He is great at decorating.
 
Wowza!  I can't believe I did that!
 
Babe, have a great birthday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

3 things.

You and your family are just beautiful.

I'm pretty sure that #8 is one of my funnier memories from my teen years. If you haven't heard the whole story (the one that involves my Dad, a 2X4, and my mom's knee high red boots), you'll have to ask.

Re: #10
It was a strawberry farm and as I recall that lady wasn't the most pleasant to work for. I'm pretty sure that she shortchanged her employees. :/