Monday, September 24, 2012

It Has Happened (or is happening!)

What? you ask.

I am embarrassing my kids...Broderick anyway.

Here is how it has begun to go down.

Have you seen this adorable outfit on Pinterest?


Cute, right?

Thanks to this outfit I have been on the hunt for pink jeans.  I found some yesterday while we were out shopping so I tried them on.  (Unfortunately at this time I had both kids with me.)  So we all crammed into the dressing room and I proceeded to jump and squirm into the pants.  Broderick then says, "Mom, you can't wear pink pants unless you are Lady Gaga or Katy Perry!" 

What!?  I lost it.  Right there in the dressing room.  There is a little bit of truth to what he said.  I looked nothing like the adorable, size 2, blonde pictured above.

As if that wasn't enough for a mom in one day...

Last night I was putting Broderick to bed.  I asked him if he wanted to ride bikes to school in the morning.  He said, "Yes.  Your bike is just so orange!" 
(I am thinking, my bike is awesome!)
I said, "okay, so does that mean you don't want to ride to school?"
B:  "No, we can.  I mean, it will still be a little dark so people won't see that it is so bright!"
Me: (choking, laughing, trying not to cry) "okay, while if you don't want to that is fine."

I came out laughing and told Rob what transpired.  It really was very funny.  I just can't believe that I am starting to embarrass him already. 

We did ride bikes to school this morning.  If only I would have had pink jeans to wear while riding my orange bike!

No comments: