Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I left my heart in San Francisco

Okay, so I didn't really! As many of you know Rob and I went on a trip to San Francisco this past weekend. We had such a wonderful time. I had never been so it was all new and exciting for me. Most of my pictures are on Facebook so I thought I would just highlight some of my favorites. We arrived Friday after a 4 hour flight. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE flying!? If not, I do! So that alone was a task! When we got there we walked around the pier. Below we are standing at the end of the pier, Alcatraz is behind us.
On Saturday we took a tour across the Golden Gate Bridge, to Muir Woods - The Redwoods, and Salsilito - an Island just on the other side of the bridge.
I can not even begin to describe this place. These tress where huge! The leaves and grass where so green. I seriously felt like I was in a scene from Twilight. I kept waiting for Edward Cullen to come running through the trees. Didn't happen, but wouldn't that have been cool!? This place is truly a masterpiece of God. Below: We are standing inside a tree! Inside!
We came across this street! Can you believe it! We have never seen a anything with Broderick's name on it. When I sent the kids the picture and then talked to Broderick later, this is what he said, "Mom, I can't believe they named a street after my name!" He really thought that this street was named after him. Who am I to bust his bubble? We will just let him believe this!
We had a wonderful time and are so grateful to the many people that helped make this happen. It is always so nice to get away with just Rob and I. Can't wait for our next adventure!

No comments: