Friday, August 29, 2008

Having Fun at the Beach...

I know, I know you all are like, "Okay Amy, you had a great time on vacation. Can we see or hear about something else?" I get it...this is the last you will see of vacation. There has been other things going on, like Broderick starting school and Carys getting rid of the pacifier. I will post of those things in days to come. For now, one last vacation post.
Above: Carys and Broderick on the beach the first day. I love this picture. Carys is posing just like a girl would.
If you know my daughter, you know she likes to eat. That was no different on the beach. I made sure to pack lots of snacks and most of the time her and I would be sitting in the sand or on the blanket eating. You would think this girl would be well over average on the charts, but she is not. She doesn't get that from her mother.
The kids loved being buried in the sand. We got Broderick all the way up to his neck. He didn't sit in his hole very long. He did want me to bury him every other day.
One day Broderick met these little boys. One of them just came down and asked if Broderick wanted to play. Of course he did. There where 4 boys in this family. Broderick played for hours with the older 3. He still talks about his "friends from the beach." I think this was one of his favorite days.
The last day we tried our best to get to the beach but it was raining on and off. We went down for about 30 minutes, but there was no swimming and it was super windy. (Due to the tropical storm.) We tried our best to get family pictures that day, but the wind was making my hair blow all over the place. We did manage to get this one when we went down to swim.
So...there you have it! No more post just about vacation. I may interject a random picture here and there.


No comments: