Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

We had a wonderful Easter. On Saturday we colored eggs and made Resurrection Cookies. The cookies were very fun to make. There are Bible versus and things to go along with every ingredient you add. Then you put the cookies in the oven and tape the door shut. The next morning you get the cookies out and take a bite. The cookies are hollow. You explain that they are empty just like Jesus' tomb. Very cute!
coloring eggs above, resurrection cookies below.
Easter morning we gave the kids their baskets and did an egg hunt at our house. Then it was off to church. I taught the 2 yr old class which was such a blessing. This was the 2nd week I taught it and the kids are so sweet! After church we went to my Grandma's house. It is always fun to see my extended family. Every time we go for a holiday there, I just think..."how did me and all my cousins fit in this house?" My grandma's house is not very big and my family is rather large. All of my cousins are older and some of us have kids. It is definitely a house full.
After grandma's we went to my mom's. This was the first time in a very long time that my sister, me and my 2 stepbrother Ricki and Josh (and Josh's girlfriend, Mackenzie) were all there. I thought..."what better time for a family photo?" No one was very thrilled with my idea. I love pictures and this one goes in the books as well...goofy!
We had a great day and what better way to celebrate Jesus' love than with family.

No comments: