Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The FUNK has come...and gone

It all started last Tuesday...Rob came home sick. He was sick for about 3 days with a fever, body aches, headache. Friday was a healthy day, then Saturday came. I came down with something awful. Broderick started to get a fever also. Sunday, sick again. Monday, I woke up and thought we would all be feeling better. Was I ever wrong! That was the worst day. Rob had already left for work and I didn't know what I was going to do. Thankfully my mom had the day off and she took Carys for me, who has not gotten sick yet. Broderick and I went to the doctor on Monday and he said we had the flu. He gave us Tamiflu, and some for Carys with hopes she will not get the flu. Tuesday was a little better, but we still spent the day on the couch. Today, we are much better. Broderick and I are still coughing, but no fevers. I am going to be real honest...I had no body aches like a lot of people get with the flu, so I am very thankful, but this was horrible. So far Carys just has a little runny nose and cough. I am feverently praying she does not come down with it. Today for the first time in about a week, my blinds are open. I started cleaning first thing this morning because I felt like my house was one big germ. The smell of pine-sol and sunshine coming through the windows makes me smile!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Glad that you are all feeling better. This has been quite the year for the flu! Praying that the cough goes away now for all of you. Thanks for lunch today....a much needed break to the day!
Love, Jenny