Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The first Snow

Broderick was so excited for the snow today he could hardly wait. Yesterday I was on the mad hunt for snow boots and a sled for the kids. So, naturally he knew the snow was coming. He woke up at 5am and said he was done sleeping, but of course I told him he needed to go back to sleep. At this point there was not a whole lot of snow on the ground, so I was really hoping that it was going to snow some more or I was going to have a very disappointed child. Then at 7 when he woke up for the day, he just kept asking me "Can we go outside?" 7 in the morning!!! I told him at 10am we would go. I still heard him ask that question about 10 more times. I finally told him after the 10th time and it only being 8am that if he asked again we were not going out. As you can tell by the pictures below we did make it out. After about 30 minutes of layering up and piecing some random things together for Carys to wear we made it outside. We stayed out for about an hour. We tried making a snow man, but the snow wasn't packing very well. I then started shoveling the driveway. After I got half of it done Broderick would push his sled then run and jump on it and go sliding down the driveway. Remember...this is the already shoveled part! What a boy, What a boy!!! Carys on the other hand would walk about 2 steps and then fall. She wasn't able to get herself back up, so she would sit there for a few minutes and then want someone to help her up. After she saw Broderick going down the sled she wanted to. She went down the driveway as well, then we came in for some hot Chocolate. (Warm chocolate really.) Broderick will be all ready to go back out after his nap I am sure. We will see.


No comments: