Monday, December 17, 2007

Cookies in the making

Last Wednesday morning Broderick and I went to work. Hard work! We spent the entire morning making cookies. This is one of my favorite things to do at Christmas. Broderick was a great helper, too. Carys kind of just walked around and played. She did a great job of keeping herself entertained. Next year she will be able to help a little more.
We made these graham cracker things with chocolate, peanut butter and white chocolate. I can't find the name of them at the moment. They are one of my favorites this year. Super simple and tasty!
I let Broderick pick two kinds that he wanted to make. Jello Jigglers was one of them. They didn't turn out so well. If anyone has any pointers I would appreciate them. Thankfully he didn't care, he just wanted to eat them.
He also picked these shovels. When he showed me the picture I thought, "Oh, these are going to be fun. They actually weren't as hard as they might look. They don't taste great, but they look cute. Broderick helped put the cookies on the sticks and put the marshmallows in place. He did a great job.
My favorite are these Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls. They have become a tradition around here. Rob and I spent a whole Saturday making cookies when Broderick was just a newborn, so 4 years ago. We made these and have done so ever since.
We also made Reese Cup cookies. I don't really know what the "official" name for them is. We always made them growing up. They were made on Thursday though. I went to make them on Wednesday and didn't have baking soda. Of course none of my neighbors where home to help me so I just waited until the next day to finish them. They turned out okay.
Of course I can't just make the cookies have to eat about 10 a day. It is a good thing one of my friends and going to be teaching Zumba in January! If anyone would like the recipes I would be glad to share them.

No comments: