Friday, December 15, 2006

Oh What a night!!!

Let me start off by saying I am a freak! This afternoon before Broderick went to bed I noticed he had a rash on one of his thighs. I put some cream on it. When he woke up he had a lot more spots. I took him to my wonderful neighbor who works at a dermatologist office, but she wasn't home. In a panic, I called my mom. Being the loving mother and grandma, she came over. She said it was hives. Around 5:30 it all started to go away. My neighbor got home and she stopped by my house. By this time, Broderick had no spots. She suggested giving him some Claritin before bed and said if it came back around his mouth I should take him to the ER. Well, i gave Broderick the medicine and laid him down for bed. At about 9:30 I decided to check on him. To my surprise, he had the rash back on his face. I waited about 20 minutes and checked him again. It had spread to the other side of his face. Frantically, I decided I needed to take him to the ER. I got down there to find out it was going to be 5 hours!!!!! I then called my doctor, which I should have done before I ever left the house. He said to come home and bring Broderick to the office in the morning. When I got home, the rash was all over his legs and arms. I keep obsessing about this rash. (as you can tell...it is 12:45 and I am still awake.) All that to say I am a hypochondriac, obsessive, over paranoid mother! What would you have done? I once heard a mom say, "You just naturally have that intuition about when you should take you kids to the doctor." Let me tell you all, I don't have it!

No comments: