Monday, November 11, 2013

This is Not My Home


This is a hard place to be...stuck between worlds.

Let me make something very clear...it is not about Africa.  It isn't even about orphans.

It is about the Lord and must always remain about the Lord.  The second it becomes about Africa or orphans is the second it becomes an idol.  It is easy to focus on orphan care, the Bible tells us to care for the orphan.  It is easy to focus on the next trip, the Bible tells us to go into all the world and make disciples.  But, the Lord must always stay at the front of our mission, our calling, our purpose.  And that is hard.

God uses Africa daily to remind me that I long to be in a different place...a place that is my home.  And it is not Africa that I long to be in.  I long to be in Heaven with my Father.  I long to be in a place I was created for.  The Bible says we are aliens in this world.  I have never really felt that way or understood that.  But I do now.  I look at all the hurt, hunger and heartache and know the only thing that can fix that is the Lord's return.  I may feel stuck between Africa and here, but the truth is, I am stuck between here and Heaven.  My earthly goggles have been removed and I long to be with my Lord and Savior in a new way.

When I am feeling frustrated or angry about what I saw and can not fix, 
my Lord whispers..."this is not your home."  


When I long to hug those sweet babies I can only look at in pictures, 
my Lord whispers..."this is not your home."  

 When I feel like I can't do anything to help those I love, 
my Lord whispers..."this is not your home." 

God continues to use this place...this trip...to remind me,
"this is not my home."

 And then my heart aches to be HOME.  
I longs to be with the one I was created to worship...Jesus Christ, my Lord.


No comments: