Tuesday, July 9, 2013

God is Driving a Truth Home Today

This morning Broderick woke up with a fever.

Not a big deal.

He gets one every summer.

The thing I am struggling with is...
we leave soon for Mexico and we are taking a typhoid fever vaccine pill.

We started Sunday and we take a pill every other day.  The fever could be a side effect or he could just be sick.

My first question was whether or not to continue the medicine.  After consulting our doctor and a pharmacist I received my answer which is to continue.

Did you catch that? "After consulting our doctor and a pharmacist..." 

I sent an email out to some friends to pray.  Which I did.  Quickly.  I didn't fully stop and seek Him on the matter.

Then I read this.  (seriously this ladies blog posts get me every. single. time. But that is another story.)

I mean, for real!?  (If you didn't read Ann's post go back and do it.)

So I stopped what I was doing called the kids in and prayed.  For healing. For protection. For faith.


My #1 struggle in my walk with the Lord is lack of faith.  I worry. I get anxious. I think of the worst case scenario.

I need to have faith.  (Oooo you gotta have faith, a faith, a faith! Sorry...couldn't help myself.

I knew that there would be some spiritual battles as our trip neared.  I figured it would have to do with me lacking faith.  I am ready to surrender to the Lord.  He's got this!

No comments: