Friday, April 16, 2010

You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl!

Well, maybe you can. Last week we went to Pennsylvania to visit with The James'. We had a wonderful time. They all get good laughs about me being such a city girl. I made a comment while we were there about moving to Montana and living off the land and Rob's family thought that was pretty funny. I agree, I mean picture it...Me in an apron, homeschooling, raising chickens (or whatever it is that you raise out there), growing veggies in the garden, and riding horses. Can't picture it can you? Me either. I did however fish while we were there. Here is a picture of my prize. I caught 2 fish and had a picture of me with it, but I don't know what happened to it. This one will have to do. (Let me note: Rob had to bait my hook and remove the fish. Can you say "City girl!")
And I even shot a gun. Look at me...I am like Annie Oakley. Don't you just love that I am in a dress shooting a gun, trying to look mean!
I will stick to occasionally fishing, hiking, growing small pots of tomatoes and berries, and taking the kids to play in the creek at the local park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes your best friend is here on your blog because it is about time! The image of you being a country girl made me laugh. Basically because I can't imagine either of us on the farm, even though I would enjoy the barn dances they had or have. Love you girl and love the fact that you will try anything!