Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Fun Festive Day

Days like today, are the days I LOVE being a stay at home mom. It was crazy, but fun and I was so glad I could participate in all the fun things the kids did at their school. It started off like a normal day, take Broderick to school then Carys. After I dropped off Carys I went back to Broderick's school for a little Thanksgiving fun. His class and another Kindergarten class got to make applesauce yesterday and pop popcorn today. I have never seen 40 kids get so excited about watching popcorn pop. It was so funny! (Above: kids watching the popcorn. Below: Broderick and his teacher in the background.)
I was only at Broderick's school for about 30 minutes and then I went back to Carys' school for her Thanksgiving Feast. Nothing like eating a whole bunch of food at 10am. They sang songs, did a craft, and ate of course. After being at her school for about 1 hour I went back to Broderick's school to pick him up.

When I picked Broderick up he was very upset. You see, usually on Tuesday and Thursdays I bring him Timbits, but today I didn't since he had a big snack at school. I told him there was a surprise at Carys' school for him. His teacher from last year was there. He got so excited. When he saw her he gave her a big hug and just kept smiling. It was soooo sweet!
Like I said, a crazy day...but so much fun!

No comments: