Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In & Out

We took a very unexpected trip into Pennsylvania this weekend. I was at a wedding, Rob was home with the kids while they napped. My mother-in-law called 2x in about 30 minutes, so I knew something was up. As soon as the wedding was over there was a message that Rob needed to call right away. I called Rob at home and told him to call his mom. He called me right back and told me that is dad was having a heart attack. I rushed home and we tried to figure out what to do. Should he just fly in by himself, do we all pack up and go? Rob couldn't get a flight in until Sunday morning and it would take him approximately 6 hours to get there. It takes about 9 for us to drive. So in about 45 minutes we packed up our things, loaded the car up and headed to PA. It was about 6 o'clock when we left our house and 2:30am when we got to his parent's house. I am so glad that we all went. Of course we had to take a picture of his dad while in the hospital. I am sure he loved it!!! I am glad to say that there was some procedure done where the doctors put a stent into Bob's coronary artery to remove the blockage. It appears that he is going to be okay. It was very scary and I continue to pray for his health.
The kids were great during this all. We were at the hospital Sunday for about 2 hours and again Monday for about 1 1/2. We also went to see Rob's grandma, that lives in a nursing home, Monday for about 1 hour. It was a lot of just sitting for the kids. They really were very good. It wasn't all hospital visits though. Rob's brother, Dave, and his wife, Betsy, were so kind to make us all dinner Sunday and Monday night. We went down to their house and had a fire, roasted marshmallows, jumped on the trampoline and had a great time. On Sunday night we ate outside, which we do a lot of at home. However, Rob's parents have a pond which means there are a lot of bugs. My kids kept talking about the bugs and how they wanted to eat inside. Betsy even caught a frog at the pond. Of course Broderick and Carys only wanted to look. Lindsey on the other hand, 4 year old niece, wanted to put the frog in her pocket. Monday night when we were doing the fire it stated to sprinkle. Carys and Broderick were on the covered porch say, "We have to go in, it it raining!" They truly are city kids!! I also got to see Lisa and Josh. Lisa is going to have a baby in about 7 weeks and it was so fun to see her pregnant belly. It is always fun to hang out with his family. I truly mean that. I hear stories all the time of people who don't get along with their in-laws. I can honestly say, I love mine! I really wish they were all closer than 9 hours away.
Below is Terri, Rob's mom, Carys and Katie. Carys and Katie are only about 2 months apart in age. It was so fun to watch them play. One night at dinner they were sitting at a little picnic table just having a conversation. It was so funny. I have no idea what they were talking about but to them it was very important!




No comments: