Wednesday, September 24, 2008

7 Days and 81/2 hours later...

*My kids can survive without tv.
*I can not survive without a morning cup of coffee.
*I love having a daily routine and schedule.
*Friends are wonderful!!!
*It is easier to focus on the negative, but better to focus on the positive.
*I love my computer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, garbage disposer, and taking showers with a light on.
*Putting makeup on in the car is not fun...despite what my friend Jenny says!
*Thank God for his protection of our family and trees.
All that said, I am sure you have all heard about the wind storm we had. Our power was turned back on Monday late morning. In the words of my son, "Thank you God!" Thank you to all our friends and family who brought us dinner, helped with laundry, kept our fish so he wouldn't die, let me put food in their fridge, had us spend the night, kept me from gong insane, let me cry to them, and prayed for us. Losing power is not the worst thing that has ever happened, but it was a little challenging. It is amazing, and this will sound cliche, how used we get to amenities and convenience. I have a lot more respect for people like the Amish! All the pictures below are of trees in our neighborhood that were damaged. This is just a small amount of the damage. However, we have 7 trees in our yard and a utility pool. Praise to God that none of them blew over or had major damage. We only lost a few medium sized limbs. God is powerful enough to blow those winds, but he is just as powerful to keep our trees standing!!!


This is the line at McDonald's Monday morning. I don't know if you can really tell, but the line was about 10 cars out into the street. It was crazy!

1 comment:

jenny said...

What crazy pictures...especially the first one. So glad for you that your power is back on. I don't know that I would have survived as gracefully as you did without power for that long. And I am really trying to cut back on my makeup in the car addiction. I actually don't really enjoy it...I just always run late. :)