Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Nothing better than a fun fall day!

We had such a wonderful day. We started the morning off by making donuts. I don't know if any of you have done this before. When I was younger my mom would make donuts with us often. All you do: 1 pkg of little biscuits, powdered sugar and oil. Heat the oil over medium. Poke your finger through the middle of the biscuit and spin it around (lots of fun!), then play the biscuit in the oil. Brown on both sides. Put the powdered sugar in a little brown bag. After you have let some of the oil drip off the donut, drop it in the bag and shake. Your done! So fun!
Above: Broderick making the holes. Below: Our mound of donuts!
After everyone got dressed and the sun came up, we went outside to rake leaves. Somethings never get old...like playing in the leaves. (or climbing on pillow mountain!) Carys was not so crazy about being in the leaves. She was happier just to walk around. I had also put roast in the crock pot for dinner, which made a nice end cap to the day. Nothing like a warm crock pot meal on a cool day. Did I mention I love fall?
I absolutely LOVE the picture below!

1 comment:

Ferree Bowman Hardy said...

Amy, you're such a great mom. These pictures are going to be so fun and special for your kids when they're older!