Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The ways God works




Yesterday morning I was getting ready to leave to go shopping with a friend. I was busy moving carseats and cleaning out the van. Well...I was already to go and I told Broderick to feed our dog, Zaccheaus. Broderick came back out in the garage and told me he couldn't find the dog. I thought, "Oh crap, he ran away." I went into panic mode. I got the kids in the car and drove around for like 20 minutes to look for him. I called the police department to see if they had him. The police officer said no they didn't. So, I decided to go ahead and go shopping. On my way back from the outlet mall, I called the police station again. The same officer answered the phone and asked, "Is this about the welsh corgi?" I said yes. He asked were we lived and I told him. He said, "you are not going to believe this, but we live right around the corner and my wife has your dog!" Isn't that amazing!!! Of all the people that could have had my dog and all the people at the police station that could of answered the phone. It makes me think that God cared enough to answer my prayers about my lost dog, how much more does he care to answer my prayers about the salvation of my kids! He is so amazing!

I also posted some pics of Broderick jumping in puddles before it turned to winter again! It is amazing how much fun playing in puddles can be for a little boy. It is the simple things Broderick enjoys....jumping in puddles, pretending sticks are fishing poles, throwing rocks in a pond. He is something!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Amy....you are right that it is always good to be reminded of how God can work in every circumstance, even when it involves a lost dog. Great pics too of Broderick in the puddles. Boys will be boys! Love, Jenny