Saturday, December 30, 2017

New Year! New Adventure!

Over 2 years have passed since I last updated this space of the world.  I love writing here and have missed it immensely.  Over the past 2+ years many things have changed and many things are about change.  That is why I am revamping the blog.

First, we must rewind to a little over a year ago...

As I mentioned in my last post, we moved to a new house after looking at moving closer to Rob's work.  We love this house and its location.  However, there were some things going on and I felt stirred to pray about Rob's current job situation.  He had been with this company for around 20 years and they have been so good to us, but we both felt like something needed to change.  So, I just started praying...I can't tell you exactly what I was praying but it was something along the lines of "change".  About a month after I started praying this Rob called me and said, "Are you sitting down?"  I replied, "no, why?"  He said, "What exactly have you been praying?"  My first thought was, oh crap!  He's losing his job!  ok...I prayed about this so if so, it's all good.  He proceeded to tell me that the company was being bought and what the could mean for him and us.  My heart started beating at a more normal pace and I wasn't freaking out as much.  I just kept thinking, I prayed for change and this is definitely that so it's going to be fine.  Different, sure.  Hard, maybe.  But fine nonetheless.

Fast forward a few months...

Things with the buying/selling of the company were almost final.  Rob was approached with the question if we would relocate.  See, the main office would now be in Boise, Idaho not Newport, Kentucky.  We talked about it and felt like we needed to say yes we would be willing.  If I had prayed about "change" then I had to be willing to go where God was leading.  Last December Rob and I both took a trip to Boise to see if we really were willing to move.  To our surprise, we both really liked it.  It has the same Midwest feel as Ohio but with mountains!  Time passed and nothing really ever came of the relocation.  We continued to settle into our new (we've lived here for 2 1/2 years now) house, doing remodeling projects and such.  We switched churches (another post for another time) and have fallen in love with it and met new friends that we are coming to adore.

Then about a month ago Rob came home from work and we had a very emotional conversation...relocating had been brought back up.  This time it was very serious.  We spent a week praying and seeking counsel and asking a lot of questions.  We talked to the kids and told them what was going on.  We asked how they felt and told them to start praying.  They could pray that we do move or don't.  They could tell God they don't want to or they do.  We encouraged them to have their own faith journey in this process.  After nearly a month we had all the information we felt we needed to make a decision.  It is with great excitement we announce we will be relocating to Boise!!!



Even typing that makes my stomach flip and feels fake...it's not.  As you can imagine there is many emotions with this decision...fear, excitement, anticipation, and the list goes on.  Rob and I truly believe this is a huge faith step and are very excited about what God is going to do in our lives over the next year.  We will absolutely miss our family and friends and our church and our house.  However, for the past few years our motto has been, "our biggest blessing could be on the other side of the hardest yes."  We adopted that phrase before I went to Africa because I was terrified to go.  It turns out, one of my greatest blessings was indeed on the other side of the yes to go.  I believe the same about this.  I don't know what God has in store but I believe it will be a blessing.  Hard, yes.  Different, sure. But a blessing nonetheless.

No comments: